At 898 Marketing, everything starts with a story. If you are an aspiring marketing professional at the beginning of his/her career looking to start writing your own story, the Marketing Internship position at 898 Marketing is an ideal opportunity. This 9-week position will help you craft your own story by exposing you to the wide array of opportunities a career in marketing can offer, while putting your education and skillset into action through practical executions. Under the supervision of a Marketing Manager, this internship, which can be done for college credit if coordinated by the student/advisor, offers the opportunity to develop real, practical experience while adding value to a dynamic team. The position is what you make of it, and with the ability to work and collaborate with business, marketing and content leaders from the area in an environment offering the freedom to set goals for the internship to help you define your career path, you can make this the first of many memorable chapters in your professional story.
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Marketing Intern to join our team. If you’re an ambitious individual who is interested in Marketing, but does not feel you have found your niche, then we want to work with you. Your work will include preparing presentations/proposals, monitoring social platforms, conducting market analysis, content creation, client interaction, and understanding. This hands-on internship needs a team player willing to take on multiple projects in an effort to meet various company and client deadlines.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should have excellent multitasking and organizational abilities. The successful candidate will also have in-depth knowledge of general marketing techniques, principles and social media platforms.
WHAT YOU’RE CALLED TO DO:
- Perform market analysis and research on the latest trends in healthcare and automotive industries.
- Design and present new social media, content and creative campaign ideas for company and clients.
- Attend weekly client meetings and assist with preparation and planning.
- Assist with video production process including understanding script writing, concept development, preparation of production days, learn post-production process and final presentation.
- Monitor social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback for company.
- Prepare detailed promotional presentations.
- Help with the planning and hosting of marketing events.
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content.
- Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content.
WHAT TALENTS YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate course for Marketing, Communications or similar field.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/Excel, Google Suite and both PC and MAC operating environments
- Demonstrate understanding of social media platforms for business engagement (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat)
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames with outstanding multitasking abilities
- Organized, dependable and detail oriented
- Team Player with a cooperative spirit
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques
- Data driven, with ability to make recommendations based off insights
- Writing and proofing skills are required
- Excellent personal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a passion for putting talents to use to help others
- Willing to volunteer in community
- Professional, punctual and collaborative